January 2003 Meeting Minutes
Don Hudson opened the meeting at 6:35 p.m. This months meeting was held at the Hopewell Community Center. Twenty active members, two applicants and one guest attended the meeting. Following are the details from the meeting.
Vice President’s Report:
- Don welcomed Doug Farrar to the club as an active member.
- Don thanked Tim Tsutsumi for his service to the club last year.
- Don also thanked Edie Blood for helping out with the Hopewell Community Center for the club.
Hopewell Community Center has had to increase rates to approximately $50 per meeting for the room. The board of directors is asking that members get information for other meeting locations and let them know. Until another suitable location can be found, meeting locations will vary. February’s meeting will be held at Rosa’s restaurant in Hopewell.
- The club officers met before the meeting to discuss the calendar for the next year. Don went through the proposed schedule. (Secretary’s Note: see the website for the events.)
- The Big Dogs Club run in October is planned to be the Fall Fest for the club. The event requires a minimum of 10 vehicles. As the events gets closer, we will ask who is signing up to make sure we have enough attendance.
- Additionally, Matt has spoken with Skip of Big Dogs about cutting a new trail. Skip has given permission to go up a day in advance of each event this year to work on the trail. We will then try and run the trail as a club during the Club Run.
- Jeep of the Month on the website will be picked randomly using the “Member Rides” photos. Please make sure to update you member ride information.
- Don has spoken with Whitten Jeep about possibly sponsoring the club. As part of the sponsorship, Whitten may provide a discount on parts and help with the Jeep Show. The club may help offer a “Jeep 101” type course for new buyers. Don is continuing to work out the expectations of each group.
- Chris and Carla Boucher are working on a letter regarding Camp Jeep 2003. (Secretary’s Note: See post 1977 on the majch board.)
- Hunter asked that members update their address with their dues for Virginia 4 Wheel Drive Association and United 4 Wheel Drive Association.
- Club dues for the next year were collected.
Board Member Reports:
- The meeting closed by watching a video of photos put together by Matthew Drake.
Meeting was closed at 7:20.