Prior to the meeting, an install party was held at Cory's house. It was TJ day! We installed:
That used all of our available time since the meeting was scheduled to be held at an earlier time.
- a Rusty's 3" lift on one TJ,
- a Rubicon Express 2" spacer lift on another TJ, and
- straightened a bent front fender on a third TJ.
Minutes from December 14, 2002 MAJ Meeting
In Tim's absence, Don Hudson opened the meeting at 3:15. This months meeting was held at the Cory and Cindy Brown's house. Ten active members, two supporting member and four guests attended the meeting. Following are the details from the meeting.
- Jim Myers introduced himself and his son Nick to the club.
- Tim was not able to attend the meeting this month.
Vice President's Report:
- "Toys for Tots" was after the meeting. Thanks to everyone who was able to participate.
- We are still looking into for an alternate location for the meeting that is more convenient for everyone.
- Club is also looking into various sponsors including: Tom Wood Driveshafts, Mountain Off Road Enterprises, and Whitten Brothers Jeep. As part of the sponsorship, we may provide the sponsors with addresses and email addresses of the club members.
- Doug indicated to speak with Ken Kinder of Whitten Jeep for issues about sponsorship. Ken is the Public Relations contact for Whitten.
- Club has approximately $100 in its account. (Secretary's note: This does not yet account for the $200 owed to Lee for keeping the account positive.)
- Dues are due in January. (Secretary's note: Active Individual Membership: $35, Active Family: $40, Supporting: $30, Distant: $20)
- Lee brought club T-Shirts and stickers to the December meeting.
Land Use Officer's Report:
Board Member Reports:
- Cory is now the primary maintainer of the web site. He is trying to resurrect old pictures and pages for the website. If you have an updated "Member Ride", please send the info to Cory.
- Cory also brought up the idea of moving the website off of tripod to avoid the pop-up ads. The basic site is free, but there is a significantly expanded version allowing up to 100 MB of webspace. That Lifetime account can be purchased for $36. The BOD will be discussing this before the next meeting.
Meeting was closed at 3:30 and the group left to make the "Toys for Tots" run.